It is possible though unlikely – it is a question of fact and degree whether short term lets amount to a material change of use. In London to change from a residential C3 property to a short term let (defined as occupation for less than 90 days) (Greater London Council (General Powers) Act 1973) is a material change of use. Although note the exception for use as short term lets for up to 90 days per calendar year (Deregulation Act 2015) which does not need planning permission. Outside of London there is no such legislation.

Further Reading

Change of use short lets {Russell-Cooke Solicitors}

Still not answered your question? We love questions so fire it at us using the contact details here

Please rate this article so we know how well it answered your question…