Yes, if the property is modified so that it has a greater or fewer number of parts designed or altered for separate use than it previously had, where the modification includes the provision or extension of any of the fixed services for heating, hot water, air conditioning or mechanical ventilation. The person carrying out the work shall give the new EPC for the property to the owner of the building and give to the local authority notice to that effect.

Regardless of whether the property has been modified or not as defined above, if you have improved the energy efficiency of the property we recommend you commission a new EPC prior to letting or selling the property.

Reference: Schedule 2 of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007

Still not answered your question? We love questions so fire it at us using the contact details here

Please rate this article so we know how well it answered your question…

I have carried out a lot of work on my property do I need a new EPC?
Rate this article

Leave a Reply