Yes –¬†Landlords’ insurance is an insurance policy that covers a property owner from financial losses connected with rental properties. The term is commonly used to describe an insurance policy that covers the building, with the option of insuring any contents inside that belong to the landlord.

Mortgage lenders insist on buildings insurance as a bare minimum to cover any costs involved in rebuilding your property if the worst happens. The sum insured should reflect the rebuild cost as set out in your buildings survey. Care should be taken not to undervalue your property as this will affect any claim you make against the policy.

The policy will normally cover standard perils such as fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, storm, flood, escape of water/oil, subsidence, theft and malicious damage. Each insurance policy is different and will include some or all of these perils. Optional coverage can include accidental damage, malicious damage by tenant, terrorism, legal protection insurance, alternative accommodation costs, contents insurance, rent guarantee insurance and liability insurance.

This article here helps explain the differences between landlord and conventional home insurance.

Please note, we are not recommending or endorsing any of the products listed on or associated with the website linked above. For more detailed information or personal advice contact an insurance broker.

Still not answered your question? We love questions so fire it at us using the contact details here

Please rate this article so we know how well it answered your question…

Do I need landlords insurance?
Rate this article

Leave a Reply