The terms of the notice are that you are required to leave the property after the date shown in the notice. If you do not leave, your landlord may apply to the court for an order under Section 21(1) or (4) of the Housing Act 1988 requiring you to give up possession. In serving a Section 21 notice the landlord is exercising his statutory right to end the tenancy. In doing so the landlord is not attempting to forfeit the lease and the tenant continues to be liable to pay rent up until possession of the property is obtained.

Unless a court orders otherwise, the tenant must pay the landlord’s reasonable legal costs and expenses (including VAT) properly incurred in respect of serving notices and any related proceedings in obtaining possession of the property.

Still not answered your question? We love questions so fire it at us using the contact details here

Please rate this article so we know how well it answered your question…