A section 21 may not be given in relation to a dwelling-house in England at a time when the landlord is in breach of a prescribed requirement. One ‘prescribed requirement’ is a valid energy performance certificate. As long the energy performance certificate is provided at some point before the section 21 is served it should be fine.

Further Reading

Section 21A Housing Act 1988 inserted by section 38 Deregulation Act 2015

Still not answered your question? We love questions so fire it at us using the contact details here

Please rate this article so we know how well it answered your question…